Securing growth and commitment from channel partners
Selling through channels is more and more common in corporate sales. Managing the channel, optimizing used resources and increasing revenue and profit through channel partners is not easy. Channel Partners value their operational freedom and are not necessarily committed to collaboration in a way we want. Satisfying mutual business objectives requires a lot from both parties.
Channel Partner Management is a methodology to build strategic apporach to each channel partner and commit both organisation to shared goals and action plans. Process helps to validate the partnership, create action plans that accomplish desired business objectives and optimize both parties’ investment in the partnership.
Typical challenges or problems that can be helped or solved:
- Unsatisfactory revenue from channel partners
- Unsatisfactory return on channel investments
- Weak commitment from channel partners
- Weak investment from channel partners to co-operation
- Too many channel partners not reaching their goals
- No mutually agreed action plan
- Weak sales forecasting
- Weak mindshare from channel partner
- Narrow contact base to partner key people
- Clear method to create a comprehensive strategy to manage channel partners
- The result is a concrete action plan to develop channel partner business and profitability
- Action plan gives clear tasks, responsibilities and timetables to the teams responsible for managing channel partners and to channel partner’s team.
- Improve consistent commitment from your business partners
- Grow revenue from partners not currently meeting expectations
- Increase return on investment of resources allocated to a partner
- Gain enhanced visibility into opportunities brought forward by partners
- Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of channel relationships
Enable sales to:
- Grow revenue and profit that comes through channel partners
- Analyze the current status of relationships and develop a shared vision and goals with partners.
- Improve communication and collaboration between the members of the selling team with their counterparts in partner organizations
- Set clearly defined sales and relationship goals with measurable results
Enable sales management and senior leadership to:
- Increase account retention and long term stability and growth of channel partners by building stronger and wider relationships within partner organizations
- Improve sales forecasting accuracy, allocation of sales resources and communication between field sales and sales management
- Share information easily across account teams by documenting multi-year plans to manage partner relationships
- Allocate resources more effectively
- Identify and share best practices from top performers to rest of the sales organization
Who should attend?
Any member of the organization involved in distribution or channel partner management. This includes sales and sales management as well as post-sales support such as customer service, logistics, and IT. Any department that will have an ongoing relationship with your partners can help advance the customer relationship by implementing the process.